How many bridesmaids should you have? The fun thing is, there’s no right answer! Remember you can have none, 1, 5, or even 10. However, I know this can cause anxiety for some people, so here are a few tips on how to decide who should be included in this squad.
- The more bridesmaids you have, the more expensive it’s likely to be. Think: more bouquets, more bridesmaids gifts, and potentially more people at the head table, especially if they have a plus one.
- You do not need to have the same number of groomsmen or bridesmaids your partner has. You can always have them walk in groups or even have 2 guys on the arms of one girl (or vice versa)!
- When you’re standing up, about to say your vows, who do you want up there with you? Is it your sister? Brother? Best friends? Or do you want it to be just you and your partner?
- You do not need to decide on one Maid of Honor! I’ll say it again for the people in the back, this 👏 is 👏 your 👏 wedding, do what makes you happy! Two Maids of Honor? Cool. None because you love them all equally (or trust no one to do things)? Awesome. Have one Maid of Honor and one Matron of Honor? Great. It only matters to you and your bridal party, no one else cares (I say this love).
- Remember, we are past the times when you could only have women up there! Is your best friend male or male-presenting? Awesome! Discuss how you would both be comfortable with them dressing and make it happen!
This is a day meant to celebrate you and your love, everything else should be decided with the intention of adding happiness or easing stress of the day.
Mountain Mama Florals